The motivational effects of Music during High Intensity Training
During the last two decades, advancements in technology have allowed music to grow into being an effective intervention to achieve a range of desirable psychological and performance effects among athletes.
Music exerts an ergogenic effect when it improves physical performance by either delaying fatigue or increasing work capacity. This often results in higher than expected levels of endurance, power, productivity, or strength.
However when accompanying training and workouts with music, researchers have suggested assembling a wide selection of familiar tracks that meet the following criteria in order to achieve benefits to performance:
· strong, energizing rhythm; (b) positive lyrics having associations with movement
· rhythmic pattern well matched to movement patterns of the athletic activity;
· Rhythm should equal Cadence
· up lifting melodies and harmonies
· associations with sport, exercise, triumph, or overcoming adversity
We help you choose the best tracks for your Training.
Visit our Indoor Cycling Classes to learn more about the Rhythm and Race Concept.